Jo L. Shernaman, Senior Paralegal
Jo Shernaman is a senior paralegal in the firm’s litigation group in both Missouri and Kansas. Her primary focus for the past five years has been traumatic brain injury cases, medical malpractice, personal injury litigation, and wrongful death cases.
Jo’s experience and responsibilities include:
- Factual investigations and legal research
- Assisting with settlement demands
- Review and analysis of medical records
- Coordinating expert witnesses
- Deposition preparation and analysis
- Voir dire experience
- Creation of exhibits for pleadings and for trial
- Trial time line preparation
- Drafting of affidavits and motions
- Drafting discovery and discovery responses
- Insurance subrogation compliance
- Medical lien negotiations
- Focus group preparation and execution
- Trial preparation and assistance
Jo Shernaman attend Central Missouri State University and has more than thirty years of experience with private companies in senior management positions in the motor vehicle industry with an emphasis in accounting and software development.
She is not only a very conscientious paralegal but an advocate for our clients. She understands the frustration and stress that people feel when they, or someone they love, have been hurt because of the negligence of another person and/or company. Jo fights big insurance companies that are motivated by huge profits to insist they pay injury claims fairly. She enjoys working with the clients to empower them and to help them feel in control of a very uncontrollable situation.